March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
[S][C/Vespa] Synchronicity
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2024 6:22:32 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
The day of their meeting had come, the curious to arrive and behind the SYGNA SUITED any moment now. Her suit would be different than the lady remembered it; rather than being clad in red-tinted goggles and green dragon scales, she instead was dressed with flower and vine motifs, pink blossoms all over her suit. It was like the spitting image of a Venusaur.

Her Pokémon frolicked about, the ambient noise of fluttering wings the only thing breaking the silence. All kinds of quadrupedal, insectile, swimming, and flying Pokémon could be seen, many of which were extremely large for their species. Some, like an entire set of eight Shiny Eeveelutions, were almost as large as what was known to be genetically possible. And almost every single one of them were outfitted with riding tack. The most outlandish one was near Shalin, a Venusaur standing one and a half stories high. The gentle giant extended its vine and picked her trainer up from the ground... the female sitting on the vine like it was a ride Pokémon?

Just what kind of personality ran the mind behind Petalburg's Captain?

{PC: 1}

NOTE: All of Shalin's Pokémon are present somewhere on the vast Romping Grounds.
close tab

played by

yuen

Vess, Vee
she/her
eighteen
February 19
Mossdeep City
lesbian asexual
student (private school)
civilian
so long,
ghost song.
5'5'' / 165 cm height
5'5'' / 165 cm height
awards
107 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vespa
Vespa Baskerville
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2024 14:13:35 GMT
Vespa Baskerville Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","vespabaskerville"]
[attr="class","body"]

It hasn't been long since the catastrophe that put Sea Mauville in shambles - the memories of wreckage is fresh in her mind, and alongside of it, the many sights she saw for the first time there, especially involving the eccentric ranger captain she got to know. Though Vespa managed to hold back her curiosity during the entire operation they did together, the waterfall of questions soon broke down after - but as Sea Mauville kept breaking down as well, she could only ask so much before the ranger captain was called back to action. In the very least, she managed to get an invite to Shalin's quarters, so ... hey! How could she say no to that?[break]
[break]
Still, standing in the middle of that whole thing is just ... wow. Woah. What. How? Surprise is a little too shallow of a word to describe the myriad of emotions that Vespa has as her eyes can't stop looking around - at last landing on Shalin herself who looks different, riding a Venusaur. "-W-woah ..." she can only find it in herself to voice. The Grookey is more active, already going around and greeting the Venusaur, extending his precious wooden stick with a big smile. "... That's - you didn't have that before, have you? Also, hi, of course, err - thanks for inviting me. It's - wow. You got a lot here-"

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".vespabaskerville"]--accent:#57a586;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".vespabaskerville b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".vespabaskerville i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".vespabaskerville u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".vespabaskerville a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".vespabaskerville h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".vespabaskerville h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".vespabaskerville .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".vespabaskerville .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".vespabaskerville .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".vespabaskerville .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2024 3:27:26 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Saria gently extended her other vine, returning the Grookey's gentle poke with one of her own. "I didn't," the girl replied, she and her Venusaur both glowing a faint green from the physics-defying Infinity Energy keeping her balanced on the vine's hard bulge at its tip. It was a true spectacle to see. "Is this your first time seeing a Sygna Suit?" she asked, without even acknowledging the sheer side of her personal army, navy, and air force.

Little did she know that this would be the last time she would be able to see most of her Pokémon before her life as she knew it was flipped upside down. She wouldn't get to say her goodbyes before being separated from her team before months on end...

{PC: 2}

NOTE: All of Shalin's Pokémon are present somewhere on the vast Romping Grounds.
close tab

played by

yuen

Vess, Vee
she/her
eighteen
February 19
Mossdeep City
lesbian asexual
student (private school)
civilian
so long,
ghost song.
5'5'' / 165 cm height
5'5'' / 165 cm height
awards
107 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vespa
Vespa Baskerville
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2024 12:11:03 GMT
Vespa Baskerville Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

The Grookey, all too happy about the poke returned, swings his wooden stick around excitedly, tapping on a few of the surfaces around him with glee. At least he hasn't hit a head just yet, so Vespa regards him with a fond look rather than that of budding concern. In fact, it's hard to stay focused on just a single thing with so much to discover and explore. Surely, her professors could give her a dry-bread-ed lecture on whatever may be happening behind, but she's much more of a hands-on learner. Or that's what she's thinking this moment.[break]
[break]
"Uh-huh," she remarks affirmatively to Shalin's question, "what are those again? And ... like, do you have two, then? Is that kind of a super power?" This time around, Vespa doesn't intend to hold back on any questions she has - it feels too good of an opportunity to pass on. "Also, is that only me or are some of your Pokémon ... kind of ... bigger? Than usual?"

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".vespabaskerville b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".vespabaskerville u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".vespabaskerville a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".vespabaskerville h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".vespabaskerville h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".vespabaskerville .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".vespabaskerville .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2024 22:10:14 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
With how many questions Vespa was asking, Shalin for a moment felt like she was a professor herself. In a way, she was; while she wasn't a true expert on Infinity Energy, she understood Sygna Suits well enough to be able to teach other trainers about them. "A Sygna Suit is the physical manifestation of the pinnacle of a bond between Trainer and Pokémon. They only work between ones whose bond has achieved near perfection. We don't have to say a word to know what each other are thinking. Powered by Infinity Energy much like a legendary Pokémon, you and your Pokémon share part of each other. You have a part of your Pokémon within you, and your Pokémon has a part of you within them."

On the topic of superpowers, Shalin smiled. "In a way, it does bestow upon me powers. Though they don't have the efficacy of the Pokémon's original attacks, I can use them, too." To demonstrate, she took one hand off the end of Saria's vine, a smaller Venusaur vine growing from the palm of her hand. With a vigorous swing, she cracked the vine much like her large Pokémon would a VINE WHIP, complete with sonic boom and shock wave.

Once Vespa asked about her Pokémon and not her, Shalin smiled, having explained this to many Rangers, as well. "Ever since Space-Time Distortions started showing up, abnormally large Pokémon have been far easier to find in Hoenn. I've been... studying them and collecting Pokémon from them. They tend to be more ornery than most wild Pokémon, but they're worth raising if you can handle them." It was part of what made what she was about to showcase with her suit possible at all.

{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

yuen

Vess, Vee
she/her
eighteen
February 19
Mossdeep City
lesbian asexual
student (private school)
civilian
so long,
ghost song.
5'5'' / 165 cm height
5'5'' / 165 cm height
awards
107 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vespa
Vespa Baskerville
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2024 8:31:13 GMT
Vespa Baskerville Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Arguably following her onslaught of questions, there is a lengthy answer - lengthy answers to follow. With how nosy Vespa proves to be at any given time, most of the time, one should expect that her computational power should be able to keep up with what she is inquiring about, but truth be told ... She always kind of sucked at this whole shenanigan. That's one part of the reason why she isn't typically doing that well in school despite the fact, though she is trying very hard to listen and comprehend in this very moment, nodding every once in a while and trying not to get too distracted by the free-roaming Grookey, Sun attempting to make as many friends as he can see.[break]
[break]
Luckily, it doesn't proves to be the hardest endeavour to get the gist as her curiosity and interest are pretty much piqued. She doubts that she will ever get one herself, or not in the very near future, but ... still, there seems to be a sparkle in her eyes igniting. "That ... uhm, kinda sounds like a Magical Girl kinda thing? Does that describe that? But - uh - is it hard to get one? Or, err, dunno how to ask this ..." she scratches the back of her head, a little at a loss for words. It feels greedy to ask, though she also just really is intrigued by this whole thing. It seems like one way to get stronger, and she would love to cherish a bond as deep as Shalin is displaying. "-That's so cool!"[break]
[break]
Before she can fully get hyperfixated on this one thing, however, there is a shift that she simply cannot overlook with the many Pokémon around, all larger than she learnt or knew or expected. Space time distortions ... oh, right. "I think I heard of them ... and stuff that is happening in Hoenn, generally," she nods, her mouth forming an O kind of shape. "Make sense!"

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven